Dotsilicon, the Dotsilicon Logo, the Dotsilicon Symbolic Logo, the Dotsilicon Old Logo, Your Web Designer, The state of web design and the Phrases listed below are trademarks of Dotsilicon Limited in the Bangladesh and/or other countries.
Copyright © Dotsilicon Limited. All rights reserved. Dotsilicon Limited, 421, Level-3, Farmview Super Market, Farmgate, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh.
Guidelines for Using Dotsilicon Trademarks and Copyrights
(Formerly entitled Guidelines for Third Parties Using Dotsilicon Trademarks and Copyrights)
These guidelines are for Dotsilicon licensees, authorized resellers, developers, designers, customers and other parties wishing to use Dotsilicon’s trademarks, service marks or images in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. Use of the Dotsilicon Logo for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of Dotsilicon Limited may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of government laws. Use of Dotsilicon trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized.
If you are a licensee of a Dotsilicon trademark or logo and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, then follow these guidelines. If you are a Dotsilicon Authorized Reseller or member of a Dotsilicon program, you may be subject to additional restrictions.
Dotsilicon’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. In following these guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. By using a Dotsilicon trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Dotsilicon is the sole owner of the trademark and promising that you will not interfere with Dotsilicon’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Dotsilicon’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Dotsilicon trademark. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Dotsilicon trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Dotsilicon. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please submit your query to Dotsilicon’s Trademark Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authorized Use of Dotsilicon Trademarks
- Advertising, Promotional, and Sales Materials: Only Dotsilicon and its authorized resellers and licensees may use the Dotsilicon Logo in advertising, promotional, and sales materials. Such authorized parties may use the Dotsilicon Logo only as specified in their agreement with Dotsilicon and any associated Guidelines and such use must always be in conjunction with the appropriate terms that define the relationship authorized by their contract with Dotsilicon.
- Authorized Reseller
- Authorized Sub-Reseller
- Authorized Point of Sales
- Authorized Sales Agent
- Compatibility: Developers may use Dotsilicon, or any other Dotsilicon word mark (but not the Dotsilicon Logo or other Dotsilicon-owned graphic symbol/logo) in a referential phrase on designing or promotional/advertising materials to describe that the third party product is compatible with the referenced Dotsilicon product or technology, provided they comply with the following requirements.
- The Dotsilicon word mark is not part of the product name.
- The Dotsilicon word mark is used in a referential phrase such as “runs on,” “for use with,” “for,” “compatible with,” “hosted in” or “hosted by.”
- The Dotsilicon word mark appears less prominent than the product or design name.
- The product is in fact compatible with, or otherwise works with, the referenced Dotsilicon product.
- The reference to Dotsilicon does not create a sense of endorsement, sponsorship, or false association with Dotsilicon or Dotsilicon products or services.
- The use does not show Dotsilicon or its products in a false or derogatory light.
- Publications, Seminars, and Conferences: You may use a Dotsilicon word mark in connection with book titles, magazines, periodicals, seminars, or conferences provided you comply with the following requirements:
- The use is referential and less prominent than the rest of the title. Acceptable: XYZ CONFERENCE for Dotsilicon Web site Owners
- The use reflects favorably on both Dotsilicon and Dotsilicon products or technology.
- Your name and logo appear more prominent than the Dotsilicon word mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar or conference.
- The Dotsilicon logo or any other Dotsilicon-owned graphic symbol, logo, icon or image does not appear on or in the publication or on any materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference without express written permission from Dotsilicon.
- A disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Dotsilicon, similar to the following, is included on the publication and on all related printed materials: “(Title) is an independent (publication) and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Dotsilicon Limited.”
- A trademark attribution notice is included in the credit section giving notice of Dotsilicon’s ownership of its trademark(s).
- Web Sites: Web sites that serve only as noncommercial electronic informational forums concerning a Dotsilicon product, service or technology may use the appropriate Dotsilicon word mark, provided such use complies with the guidelines set forth in Section 3 above.
Unauthorized Use of Dotsilicon Trademarks
- Company, Product, or Service Name: You may not use or register, in whole or in part, Dotsilicon, or any other Dotsilicon trademark, including Dotsilicon-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
- Dotsilicon Logo and Dotsilicon-owned Graphic Symbols: You may not use the Dotsilicon Logo or any other Dotsilicon-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon on or in connection with web sites, products, packaging, manuals, promotional/advertising materials, or for any other purpose except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Dotsilicon, such as a reseller agreement.
- Variations, Takeoffs or Abbreviations: You may not use an image of a real Dotsilicon or other variation of the Dotsilicon logo for any purpose. Third parties cannot use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Dotsilicon trademark for any purpose. For example:
Not acceptable: Dotsiliconweb Dotsiliconbd Dotsilicontech
- Disparaging Manner: You may not use a Dotsilicon trademark or any other Dotsilicon-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in a disparaging manner.
- Endorsement or Sponsorship: You may not use Dotsilicon, or any other Dotsilicon trademark, including Dotsilicon-owned graphic symbols/logos, or icons, in a manner that would imply Dotsilicon’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of a third party product or service.
- Merchandise Items: You may not manufacture, sell or give-away merchandise items, such as T-shirts and mugs, bearing Dotsilicon, or any other Dotsilicon trademark, including symbols, logos, or icons, except pursuant to an express written trademark license from Dotsilicon.
- Dotsilicon’s Trade Dress: You may not imitate the distinctive Dotsilicon packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
- Slogans and Taglines: You may not use or imitate a Dotsilicon slogan or tagline.
For example: “Your web designer.”
- Domain Names: You may not use an identical or virtually identical Dotsilicon trademark as a second level domain name.
Not acceptable: “dotsiliconweb.com” “dotsiliconbd.com” “dotsiliconwebdesign.com”
Dotsilicon Trademark List:
The following is a list of Dotsilicon’s trademarks. Remember that trademarks are adjectives, and cannot be made plural or possessive.
The absence of a product or service name or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of Dotsilicon’s trademark or other intellectual property rights concerning that name or logo.
- Dotsilicon Old Logo
- Dotsilicon New Logo